Bloomberg’s tech journalist Mark Gurman, who has a pretty good record in predicting future Apple products, said that we can expect around seven new Apple Silicon Macs this year.
In the latest edition of his newsletter for Bloomberg subscribers, Mr Gurman said that these new Apple Silicon Macs will be powered by a new M2 chip, a new powered-up M1 Max chip as well as last year’s M1 Pro and M1 Max chips.
The seven new Apple Silicon Macs that he expects to be launched in 2022 include: –
- a Mac mini with an M1 Pro chip,
- a bigger iMac Pro with M1 Pro and M1 Max chips,
- a half-sized Mac Pro with two or four M1 Max chips,
- a Mac mini with an M2 chip,
- a redesigned MacBook Air with an M2 chip,
- a 13-inch MacBook Pro with an M2 chip, and
- a 24-inch iMac with an M2 chip.
With Apple’s next event rumoured to be on Mar 8, we can expect the new Mac mini and entry-level MacBook Pro to be announced then.
In addition, the event is likely to announce the new iPhone SE 3 with an A15 chip and 5G connectivity. An updated iPad Air is also expected to be launched with also an A15 chip and 5G connectivity.
Given that the upcoming iOS 15.4, iPadOS 15.4 and macOS 12.3 will be launched early Mar, it is highly probable that we might see these new Apple products. We will know for sure next week if there is an event, as Apple tends to announce these events exactly a week before.