Ferrari has announced the return of the Ferrari Esports Series and for the first time in the competition’s history, is inviting Southeast Asian drivers to join the starting line in the Asia Pacific heats before facing off against the winning racers from Europe and North America.
Following the launch show broadcasted on Ferrari Esports Twitch, the series announced a new racing format for its fourth season. The Ferrari Esports Series is a six-month racing tournament bringing together sim racers from Europe, North America and Asian Pacific regions for the chance to race in the grand final on October 12, 2023.
Drivers will be going head-to-head playing on Assetto Corsa and Assetto Corsa Competizione to compete for the crowning title of the 2023 Ferrari Esports Series Champion and the opportunity to secure their place on the Scuderia Ferrari Esports Team.
“We are thrilled to welcome the Asia-Pacific region to the 2023 Ferrari Esports Series”, said Annabel Rochfort, Director of Location Based Entertainment and Esports for Ferrari. “With countries like Australia and Japan known for producing exceptional sim racing talent, we are excited to see the level of competition that this region will bring to the table. Our commitment to providing a competitive and entertaining platform for sim-racing remains unwavering as we grow our esports footprint”
“The Ferrari Esports Series is not like any other sim racing competition,” said Jonathan Riley, 2022 Ferrari Esports Champion. “It’s six intense months of high-speed racing against the world’s best amateur sim racers, all with one common goal in mind. It’s a chance to sit among the best sim drivers and compete for the greatest motorsport brand in the world.”
Alongside the racing calendar, Ferrari’s 2023 Esports Series introduced a new season of video content. Julia Hardy and Mike Channell will host the series and are primed to bring viewers all the news, updates and action from the season of racing.
The season of content includes:
- Ferrari 101 – returning for 2023 across five episodes, sharing advice and tips for aspiring sim racers.
- Off The Grid – A three-part documentary series following last year’s Ferrari Esports Series winner Jonathan Riley, showing the emotional and personal experience of being a leading sim racer.
Registration for the series is now open for the Hot Lap phase. Registrations close on August 6th 2023.
The first track of the Series will be the legendary SPA circuit, with racing starting May 1st. The racing schedule will include:
- Qualifier 1 – 20 July (Thursday)
- Qualifier 2 – 24 August (Thursday)
- Qualifier 3 – 12 September (Tuesday)
- APAC Regional – 23 September (Saturday)
- NA Regional – 24 September (Sunday)
- EU Regional – 30 September (Saturday)
- Grand Final Pre-Show – 11 October (Wednesday)
- Grand Final – 12 October (Thursday)
The full season of racing will be broadcast on Twitch, YouTube and Facebook.