XDefiant is a new free-to-play first-person arena shooter from Ubisoft that features characters and factions from various Ubisoft games such as The Division, Watch Dogs, Splinter Cell and more. The game is currently in closed beta testing and you can get a chance to try it out for yourself. Here is everything you need to know about XDefiant and its closed beta.
What is XDefiant?
XDefiant is a fast-paced multiplayer shooter that combines elements from different Ubisoft games into one cohesive package. You can choose from five factions, each with unique abilities and ultimates that are inspired by their respective games. You can also customize your weapons with attachments and devices that affect their performance and stats. You can mix and match any faction and weapon, regardless of your character’s class.
XDefiant offers a variety of maps and modes to play on. There are 14 maps in total, ranging from small arenas to larger linear maps. Some of the maps are based on locations from Ubisoft games, such as New York from The Division or London from Watch Dogs Legion. The modes include classic team-based objectives such as Zone Control, Escort and Occupy, as well as more chaotic modes such as Team Deathmatch and Domination.
XDefiant is planned to be a live service game that will receive new content every season. Each season will introduce a new faction with new characters, abilities and ultimates, as well as new maps, weapons, cosmetics and events. The game will also have cross-play available at launch, meaning you can play with friends on different platforms.
How to play XDefiant in Singapore?
XDefiant is currently in closed beta testing, which means not everyone can access the game. However, there are two ways to get a chance to play XDefiant in Singapore:
- Register for the closed beta at https://www.playxdefiant.com/ and select your preferred platform (PC, Xbox Series X|S, or PS5). You will need to connect your platform’s account and verify your email. Note that registering does not guarantee a spot in the closed beta, as it is based on a random selection process.
- Watch Twitch streams with drops enabled, such as Ubisoft’s XDefiant Showcase or partnered streamers. You will need to link your Twitch account and your platform’s account at https://drops-register.ubi.com/. You will also need to watch at least 30 minutes of a stream to be eligible for a drop. A drop is a code that you can redeem to access the closed beta.
When is the closed beta?
The XDefiant closed beta will run from April 13, 2023 at 1 AM SGT (April 14) to April 23, 2023 at 2 PM SGT (April 24). This will give players 10 days to experience the game and provide feedback to Ubisoft.
The closed beta will also feature a reward track that will give players unique rewards for playing and progressing through the game. These rewards will carry over to the full release of XDefiant. Some of the rewards include weapon skins, character skins, emotes, sprays and more.
What are the factions and their abilities?
XDefiant has five factions, each with unique abilities and ultimates that are inspired by their respective Ubisoft games. Here is a summary of each faction and what they can do in XDefiant:
Origin: Tom Clancy’s The Division
Passive: Incendiary Rounds – Weapons inflict extra burn damage over time but decreases the weapon range.
- Incinerator Drone: Napalm-Delivering drone burns everything in its flightpath.
- Firebomb: Throw a Molotov cocktail causing explosive damage and lighting the area with fire.
Ultra: The Purifier – Bring out a flamethrower that incinerates enemies.
Origin: Watch Dogs
Passive: Fabricator – After a device is deployed, your Fabricator prints a new one.
- Hijack: Hack enemy-deployed abilities and make them yours.
- Spiderbot: Deploy a Spiderbot that will target and stun the nearest enemy.
Ultra: Lockout – Deploy an EMP that prevents enemies from using their Abilities and Ultras in the radius of the Lockout.
Origin: Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell
Passive: Low Profile – Your character does not appear on the enemy’s minimap.
- Digital Ghillie Suit: Turn invisible when not shooting your weapon.
- Intel Suit: Periodic sonar waves reveal where enemies are around you.
Ultra: Sonar Goggles – Activates your sonar goggles to see through walls and allows you to deploy Sam Fischer’s 5.7 pistol to eliminate enemies.
Origin: Far Cry 6
Passive: BioVida Boost – Increases your health regeneration rate.
- El Remedio: Throw a syringe that heals you or an ally.
- Supremo Backpack: Activate your backpack to unleash a powerful blast that damages enemies and heals allies.
Ultra: El Muro – Summon a wall of shields that blocks enemy fire and boosts ally damage.
Origin: Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Phantoms
Passive: Mag Barrier – Your character has a personal shield that absorbs some damage.
- Mag Barrier: Deploy a deployable shield that blocks enemy fire and boosts ally damage.
- Blitz Shield: Equip a ballistic shield that protects you from frontal attacks and allows you to bash enemies.
Ultra: Mag Net – Launch a magnetic grenade that pulls enemies towards it and damages them.
Sure, I can talk about the roadmap. Here is some information that I found from the search results:
What is the roadmap?
The roadmap is a plan that shows what Ubisoft intends to add to XDefiant in the future. The roadmap is divided into seasons, each lasting for three months. Each season will introduce new content and features to the game, such as:
- A new faction with new characters, abilities and ultimates
- New maps based on different Ubisoft games and locations
- New weapons, attachments and devices
- New cosmetics, such as skins, emotes, sprays and more
- New events, such as tournaments, challenges and rewards
The roadmap also shows the current state of development of XDefiant, such as what features are in testing, what features are in progress and what features are planned. The roadmap is subject to change based on feedback from players and developers.
Where can I see the roadmap?
You can see the roadmap by watching the official Seasonal Roadmap Deep Dive Trailer on Ubisoft’s YouTube channel. The trailer gives a breakdown of what you can expect from each season of XDefiant, as well as a sneak peek of some upcoming factions and maps. You can also see some gameplay footage of the closed beta and hear from the developers about their vision for the game.
XDefiant is a fun and frantic shooter that combines elements from various Ubisoft games into one cohesive package. The game offers a lot of customization and choice for players who want to create their own loadouts and experiment with different factions and weapons. The game also has a lot of potential for growth and improvement with its seasonal roadmap and feedback system. If you are looking for a new shooter to try out, you can register for the closed beta test at https://www.playxdefiant.com/ or watch some Twitch streams to get access drops. XDefiant is expected to launch later this year for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC and Luna.